we're hiring! we are currently looking for our next social media specialist to work at our Vancouver-based office.
social media specialist (this is not a remote position)
are you a creative, self-directed individual with a fearless attitude who would be excited to join a new and growing technical apparel company?
samsara௦ cycle Inc. produces women’s fashion-forward technical apparel for indoor and outdoor cycling. we are looking for a social media specialist to handle all things social media including content creation, planning and execution. this individual will work across multiple teams to be the powerhouse behind our social media efforts to build brand awareness and drive e-commerce sales.
our social media specialist will work across the organization to plan, develop and implement our social strategy across multiple platforms with the goal of building brand awareness and increasing revenue.
in this role, you will:
- develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms including Facebook & Instagram initially with an eye towards expanding involvement across other channels
- create graphics, written content, photos and videos for use across channels.
- work with outside agencies, photographers/videographers, influencers, and ambassadors as needed
- create and manage social media calendar
- interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments
- attend events and produce live social media content
- monitor social media channels for industry trends
- review analytics and create reports on key metrics; provide weekly and monthly reporting on trends and engagement
- research and utilize emerging social technologies and features
desirable skills and experience
- 1+ year work experience, preferably in a similar role
- strong content creation skills including photography, videography and graphic design - a passion for creative pursuits to create brand-relatable social media content
- creative, problem-solving mindset
- experience in managing social media channels
- excellent written communication skills
- highly organized with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- team player
- previous experience in a similar role, developing social media strategies, managing company social media channels, and researching and developing relevant content
- post-secondary education or training in a relevant field such as Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Journalism, is an asset.
- a passion for cycling (or a desire to cultivate one)!
if you are interested, please send a cover letter, CV and a portfolio to email@example.com.
looking for a role that fits your skillset? we are always on the hunt for amazing individuals! if you would like to get in touch to express your interest in our organization, please feel free to email us a cover letter and CV for us to have on file for future opportunities. below is a list of skills and attributes of our employees:
- good at independent problem solving
- the ability to adapt quickly
- team-player attitudes
- excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- ability to work autonomously
- positive, enthusiastic and collaborative attitude
- a love of cycling!